We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a
Technology Development Engineer
You will be based at our client’s premises in Noordwijk, Netherlands. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The chosen candidate will aid in coordinating relevant technology requirements and in preparing new earth observation (EO) mission and technologies. This includes contributions to the definition, evaluation and follow-up of technology developments and their implication in terms of system performance, together with experts in the Division. The nature of the work requires a wide knowledge in engineering disciplines with a natural inclination for learning and understanding new technologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the identification of the technology requirements for future Earth observations missions
- Providing support to technology developments for future Earth Observation missions that are conducted in the technology coordination section
- Supporting missions under preparation through, e.g. participation to reviews, assessment of industrial results, evaluation of proposals in reply to calls
- Analysis and monitoring of the evolution of frequency needs for EO missions, including early concepts and potential interference conflicts with other communication services sharing the spectrum
- Maintaining and improving the Earth Observation technology database
- Supporting the EO technology observatory function
- Supporting the interaction with ESA’s member states on EO future technologies e.g. through dedicated information days
Applicants should have:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or physics with relevant background and experience in space projects and associated technology developments
- Candidates should ideally have several years of experience (at least 4 years) in the development of advanced technologies preferably for space applications
- Knowledge of observation techniques and technology elements (optical and microwave) used in Earth Observation missions
- Background in satellite system and subsystem technologies
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other European languages is an asset
The candidate should have good inter-personal communication skills and high motivation to work in a multi-disciplinary and international environment with confidence and autonomy.
The working language is English. Fluency in this language is required.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
LOCATION: Noordwijk, Netherlands
CLOSING DATE: 5th July 2017
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.