We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a
Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer
You will be based at our client’s premises in Noordwijk, Netherlands. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The Engineer shall carry out the following tasks
- Support the user terminal developments within the Iris project
- Support ARTES C&G activities related to ground segment developments for telecom systems
- Support the preparation of the section R&D technology roadmaps in the area of telecom systems and networks
- Support the section telecom lab activities
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA R&D.
- Activities and contracts technical follow-up.
- Specific engineering support to space projects developed by ESA and/or by major European industries/operators.
- Validation of designs by means of analyses, simulations, laboratory testing and field trials (possibly in co-operation with third parties).
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for technological projects.
Applicants for this post should have:
A university degree (at least Master’s degree) or equivalent qualification in a relevant science or engineering subject.
At least four years’ experience in:
- Satellite telecommunication systems and protocols
- Air Traffic Management (ATM)
- Aeronautical user terminals for ATM via Satellite
- Ground user terminal for broadband telecommunications
- Secure telecommunication networks
In general applicants should have experience of:
- Digital communication system and sub-system techniques, high-speed processing techniques for communication via satellites.
- Knowledge of satellite communication architectures and techniques.
- Experience in analysis and design of modern digital communication systems, coding and synchronization issues.
- Familiarity with modern communication system and sub-system simulation techniques, as a minimum Matlab and C/C++ program languages.
- Knowledge of modern prototyping and testing methodologies for digital communication sub-systems is also preferred
The working languages are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required. The knowledge of another member-state language is an asset.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
LOCATION: Noordwijk, The Netherlands
CLOSING DATE: 6th March 2018
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.