We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a
Atmospheric Composition Product Prototyping and Specification Engineering team (3 engineers)
You will be based initially for 2 years at our client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany. Extension of a further 2 years may be possible. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
The Engineering support will contribute to the following tasks:
- Development of algorithms related to the calibration of and generation of geophysical products from the EPS-SG Sentinel-5/UVNS and 3MI instruments and MTG Sentinel-4/UVN;
- Development of prototype software code for the purposes of testing and validating the algorithms developed;
- Development of an instrument performance models based on specifications to be provided by industry;
- Generation of test data required for the verification of the algorithm and products;
- Generation of associated documentation including test data descriptions, Product Generation Specification (PGS), Product Format Specifications (PFS), technical reports etc;
- Interfacing with Client experts as needed;
- Collaboration with expert groups and the wider scientific community as appropriate.
Management and Programmatic Support
The service management tasks will be performed by the service manager nominated by the Contractor and will be as follows:
- Monitor and manage the performance of the key persons;
- Distribute tasks and actions and providing directions to the key persons for the performance of the service in line with the service requirements;
- Prioritise tasks in coordination with the Client technical representative;
- Coordinate the service with other Service Providers as required by Client;
- Follow up, monitor and manage the execution of Work Packages and report to Client on their progress status;
- Follow up, monitor and manage the performance of open actions and reporting to Client on their progress status;
- Deliver progress reports on a monthly basis;
- Participate in management coordination, technical reviews or progress meetings on a weekly basis;
- Liaise and coordinate with other service providers.
This activity is considered to take a maximum of 10% of working time and will be allocated to one of the engineers.
Each proposed key person shall have the experience and capability to fulfil the assigned tasks without supervision. He/she shall have a university degree in meteorology, atmospheric physics, remote sensing, or equivalent. He/she shall have a minimum of three years’ experience in the field of remote sensing. The key person shall possess good inter-personal skills. He/she shall have the ability to write concise and comprehensive documents.
Specifically each key person shall fulfil a significant subset of the following mandatory skills:
- Experience in atmospheric remote sensing in the optical spectrum (Ultraviolet to Shortwave Infrared);
- Experience with instrument calibration and characterisation;
- Familiarity with Earth observation systems in operational meteorology, atmospheric composition and climate monitoring (both remote sensing and in situ systems);
- Handling and processing of remote sensing data;
- Familiarity with radiative transfer;
- Good skills in a higher programming language (e.g. Fortran, C++, Java);
- Software build environments and tools (e.g. make, imake, eclipse, insure++);
- Source code control system (e.g. git, SVN).
The following areas of expertise would be an advantage:
- Quality control of satellite data and products;
- Operational product processing environments.
Service Management skills
The service manager shall have the demonstrated ability to manage a small service team and have sound experience in the area of the service.
All key persons should preferably have experience of working on a collaborative and multi-disciplinary environment.
The official languages are English and French. The working language for the position is English and therefore the Key Persons must be able to work effectively in this language.
LOCATION: Darmstadt, Germany
CLOSING DATE: 14th June 2018
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.