We are looking to recruit for our client a:
Thermal Analysis Engineer
This is a permanent position at our client’s headquarters in Munich, Germany. In this Small to Medium Enterprise you will find an excellent and modern working environment with very challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The post‐holder will substantially be involved in space flight hardware projects as well as in technology development projects in the area of thermal analysis and hardware. The main tasks of the post include the following:
- Development of thermal parts & assemblies of space subsystems
- Development of new technologies for thermal subsystems
- Elaboration of thermal designs
- Thermal FEM analyses
- Coordination of thermal test campaigns incl. correlation of test results with mathematical models
- Management and control of subcontractors & suppliers (material suppliers, MLI manufacturing, radiator elements, test house)
- Preparation of respective documentation (specifications, design documents, analyses, test plans, procedures, reports, etc.)
- Participation to customer meetings and presentation of results
- Participation to thermal test campaigns and integration activities
- Presentation of results in meetings intern & extern.
The following are essential qualifications / qualities of the successful candidate:
- Experience in use of thermal analysis software (TMG, ESATAN, Thermica or similar tool)
- Ability and motivation to report the analysis results in respective documentation
- Ability and motivation to present the analysis results in meetings with Customers
- Good knowledge in English (writing and speaking)
- MS office S/W tools (minimum: MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point)
- Master’s degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or physics
- Autonomous working approach, accurate working results
- Loyalty, team spirit and reliability.
- 4 years (or more) of relevant experience
- Specific experience in MLI, radiators, thermal straps, heat pipes
- Experience in orbit analysis – thermal related
- CAD design capabilities and knowledge in CAD-tools
- Experience in test engineering and definition of subsystem tests
- Knowledge in space flight hardware environmental requirements
- Hands on Hardware
- Knowledge about ESA ECSS standards.
- Our Client offers the chance to actively take part in the growth of an international operating company but still keeping the friendly working environment of an SME (Small/Medium Enterprise). All staff is continuously involved in company strategy items and can influence the growth of the company. Improvement suggestions are highly welcome.
- The applicant has the chance to work very close on the one hand to highly experienced analysis staff and on the other hand to medium or young engineers. He/she will be involved in several projects that make daily life very diversified.
- A four day per week contract might be possible. Self‐responsible flexibility in working time per day is the company culture. Documented in the Quality Management System is not only the goal to deliver high end technology and to maintain financial health of the company, but also a very high degree of employee satisfaction.
- Being part of our Client means to be involved in space missions, having hardware flying around the Earth and contributing to the European exploration of the Universe!
LOCATION: Munich, Germany
CLOSING DATE: 31st July 2018
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.