We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a
MTG Data Processing System Procurement Consultant
This is a short term employment contract for 4 months to complete tasks for our Client in Germany. You will be based at our client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The consultant will be integrated into the Data Processing Team of the MTG Ground Segment. The overarching task of the consultant will be to support the procurement activities for the MTG L0, L1 and L2 data processing facilities, primarily by developing and consolidating the knowledge needed to acquire the mission data processing functionality for on-line and off-line functions, including functionality providing common services, such as data handling, processor allocation and monitoring, job control, and general M&C, and by supporting the technical interface to industrial consortia.
The consultant will support the development, verification & validation, on-site delivery, acceptance and warranty of the MTG data processing systems. In addition, support for ground segment integration and system validation activities may be required.
In particular the tasks will include:
- Support the procurement of the data processing elements by advising on technical solutions proposed by the contractor and by reviewing documentation to confirm its compliance with the requirements;
- Support organization and execution of facility reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, TRR) including processing and handling of the RIDs, tracking RIDs resolutions and actions, verification of satisfactory documentation updates.
- Support management of the requirements baseline for data processing elements, including L0, L1 and L2 detailed processing specifications, and their life-cycle, including organization of technical meetings for requirement consolidation, implementing and tracking documentation updates;
- Follow up the implementations of the framework elements and the operational processors; support and monitor contractors, organize and participate to progress meetings, formal reviews, technical and interface definition workshops;
- Support a proper knowledge transfer to industry, especially for operational concepts, working practices and procedures, and ensure that the design and implementation of the data processing system correctly support such operational needs;
- Develop and maintain, as well as support procurement of: test tools and test dataset including reference processors and reference test datasets that reflect the functionality defined in the processing specifications;
- Support the verification and validation, deployment, acceptance and warranty of the operational software.
In the performance of these tasks, the consultant shall comply with the applicable rules of the Directory of Instructions (DI) and the Client Management System, the applicable organizational and divisional management standards, and also with the relevant working practices and procedures as well as the organizational and divisional documentation management procedures. The set of applicable rules and working practices to be applied during the execution of the work will be made available at start of the duties.
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as computer science, physics, mathematics or remote sensing, the Consultant shall have a minimum of three years’ experience in software engineering for operational processing of satellite or meteorological data.
Knowledge and experience of the following is mandatory:
- Processes, phases and documentation related to procurement of data processing systems, preferably for operational satellite payload data processing for Earth Observations;
- System and Software engineering as well as specification, development, and testing of operational software, preferably for earth observation systems;
- Formal software testing, verification and validation of data processing systems and/or product processors (L1 or L2) for satellite data or other meteorological data;
- Development and testing of software in UNIX environments.
Practical knowledge of as many as possible of the following will be an advantage:
- Radiometric and spectral calibration, use of radiative transfer models, development of complex scientific software for the processing of large amount of data;
- ECSS standards;
- The ability to perform under high workloads;
- Very good communication, presentation and listening skills including the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context.
The official languages are English and French. The working language for this position is English and therefore the consultant must be able to work effectively in this language.
REFERENCE: 16-212165 - 2
LOCATION: Darmstadt, Germany
CLOSING DATE: 20th October 2018
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.