We are looking to further enhance our team by adding an
Antenna Engineer (TT&C - PDT antennas)
You will be based at our client’s premises in Noordwijk, Netherlands. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The general responsibilities of the engineer will be as follows:
- Preparing and monitoring Research and Development activities in the field of Antennas. A diverse range of tasks will have to be carried out by the contractor within the above activity domain, encompassing hardware, software and system aspects.
- Provide antenna technical support to ESA projects. This includes “in-house” design and trade-off studies to support both developments and reviews. Tasks will require the analysis and design of reflector antennas and arrays and the calculation of the interference effects between antennas and the spacecraft structure.
- Providing expert technical support to ESA projects, programmes and general studies throughout all project phases, specifically in the field of TT&C and PDT antennas;
- Participating in project reviews and performing “in-house” design and trade-offs to support project-specific technology developments;
- Defining, initiating and monitoring R&D activities covering both long and short-term needs, specifically in the field of TT&C and PDT antennas;
- Monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise in TT&C and PDT antennas.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
A university masters’ degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
Experience in the following areas:
- At least 4 years of relevant industrial work experience;
- Specific experience in TT&C and PDT antennas, architectures and technologies as applied to space domain;
- Knowledge of antenna Space constraints at RF, mechanical, thermal and environmental levels gained from the handling of Flight Model development or R&D development at high TRL level.
- Knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies.
- Expertise in using antenna modelling tools (GRASP8, POS4, CHAMP, HFSS).
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
LOCATION: Noordwijk, Netherlands
CLOSING DATE: 19th December 2018
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.