We are looking to further enhance our team by adding an
Wave Interaction & Propagation Engineer
You will be based at our client’s premises in Noordwijk, Netherlands. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The general responsibilities of the engineer will be as follows:
- Support to Earth Observation projects in the field of microwave (active and passive) remote sensing of natural surfaces (land and sea) and of atmosphere: wave interaction, data processing, retrieval algorithms and performance assessment;
- Support to internal activities and projects in the field of microwave propagation in the atmosphere: theoretical and empirical modeling, and related analysis of impact on telecom, navigation or data downlink for Earth Observation and Space Exploration missions R&D in related fields;
- Support to the experimental facility.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Physics;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in the physics and/or engineering of microwave interaction with natural environment;
- Experience with microwave remote sensing observation concepts, ideally with experience with the performance assessment and the end-to-end simulation of atmospheric remote sensing instruments
- Experience with microwave atmosphere propagation models;
- Good programming skills;
- Previous experience with experimental instruments (e.g. ground microwave radiometers) is considered an asset;
- Ideally also experience in the development and validation of retrieval algorithms for atmospheric remote sensing;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
LOCATION: Noordwijk, Netherlands
CLOSING DATE: 31st March 2019
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.