The Key Person will be involved on Copernicus Operations activities.
Responsibility (not limited to):
- Identify and record the documents, software items and hardware items to be under configuration control according to the applicable procedures and contribute to the release of relevant change and configuration lists and reports;
- Organise the Anomaly and Change/Configuration Control Board meetings by preparing, convening the meetings, analysing the proposed changes, preparing the relevant Minutes of Meeting when requested, and notifying the internal and external entities as necessary;
- Follow up end-to-end the applicable anomaly and change processes with the related action items, to ensure timely information availability on the status of anomalies and changes to management;
- Follow-up end-to-end software, hardware and document deployments on controlled systems and facilities: check completeness and consistency of the deployment requests being raised, check related approvals are timely performed, follow-up any updates, track overdue actions, check readiness for closure…
- Follow-up Verification / Validation Test Reports on controlled systems and facilities.
- Keep up-to-date the Configuration Management database in order to produce Configuration Status Accounting Reports by identifying, relating and tracking versions of hardware items, software items and documentation for all the baselines;
- Verify the hardware and software configuration status by performing configuration audits and inspections;
- Contribute to project and programme reviews for change and configuration management aspects;
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of change and configuration management requirements;
- Contribute to the advertisement and continuous improvements of applicable Configuration Management processes, procedures, guidelines;
- Contribute to the provision of training and coaching sessions to users and stakeholders;
- Contribute to the specification and production of Configuration Management metrics.
- Perform administration tasks on the Configuration Management tool.
- Attend any relevant regular coordination meetings, report on the progress of assigned actions, raise issues requiring management attention, and exchange with other Configuration Management members on respective experiences and best solutions to address common issues.
- An University degree (minimum Bachelor, preferably Master) in Computer Science or a related Engineering field;
- Expert knowledge and at least 5 years of practical experience in conducting and implementing change and configuration management activities on large scale software-centered systems in a development or operational environment, preferably for high-availability (24h/day or real time) systems like e.g. processing/production chains, data centres or satellite systems;
- Knowledge of a Configuration Management, Quality Assurance or Project Management standard (e.g. ISO, ITIL, ANSI, ECSS, CMMI);
- Practical experience in specifying or reviewing change and configuration management plans, processes and working practices;
- Knowledge and practical experience with at least one change and configuration management tool (e.g. Serena Dimensions CM, Jira, Clearcase, Remedy, SBM…);
- Knowledge and proven experience with project development methodologies, in particular on change and configuration management including the definition or review of upstream source code configuration management requirements, control of configuration evolutions of systems (e.g. software, hardware, databases, satellite and ground system procedures, documents, media, COTS software, COTS licences...), up to testing activities and deployment of new releases on configuration controlled environments;
- Experience in software programming;
- Experience in providing training sessions to a wide range of users and stakeholders.
Additional skills (considering as an added value):
- Experience acquired in the frame of European or International space projects;
- Administration of a change and configuration management or a business process management tool;
- SQL programming;
- Programming with a scripting language such as perl, python or vb.net;
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and tools.
LOCATION: Darmstadt, Germany
CLOSING DATE: 15th May 2019
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.