Antenna Engineer – ESA/ESTEC
€ Industry leading base salary, 3% pension, full healthcare, relocation, training budget, bonus options.
You will be based on our client’s site at the European Space Agency’s ESTEC location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. In this large European Agency, you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities with the opportunity to gain exposure to various projects and missions at the heart of European space research and development.
Responsibilities and role
The principal tasks for the Antenna Engineer will include:
- Providing expert technical support to ESA projects, programmes and general studies throughout all project phases, specifically in the field of TT&C and PDT antennas;
- Participating in project reviews and performing “in-house” design and trade-offs to support project-specific technology developments;
- Defining, initiating and monitoring R&D activities covering both long and short-term needs, specifically in the field of TT&C and PDT antennas;
- Monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise in TT&C and PDT antennas.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Specific experience in TT&C and PDT antennas, architectures and technologies as applied to space domain;
- Knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies.
- Expertise in using antenna modelling tools (GRASP8, POS4, CHAMP, HFSS) is an asset.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Proactive attitude to solving problems
- Good organizational skills
- Eligible to work in the EU.
The recruitment process will consist of an initial telephone discussion and/or a video call followed by presentation of your candidature to ESA. If selected for interview, a face to face on-site technical assessment will be conducted by ESA with the result being either a go or no go. If successful, the starting date should be within 2 months of acceptance.
CLOSING DATE: 25th June 2019
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies. MOLTEK is now part of the CS Systems Group
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to:
http://www.moltek.com or www.c-s.fr