Software & Validation (On-Board & Ground) – ESA/ESTEC
€ Industry leading base salary, 3% pension, full healthcare, relocation, training budget, bonus options.
You will be based on our client’s site at the European Space Agency’s ESTEC location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. In this large European Agency, you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities with the opportunity to gain exposure to various projects and missions at the heart of European space research and development.
Responsibility & role:
The key person will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division at ESTEC. She/He will be in charge of the following (initial and not limited to):
- Project support related to all technical aspects: development and qualification of flight software.
- General Support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities.
As a general statement, tasks will included (not exhaustive)
- Development of Software Validation Facility components as well for the generic facilities as special project applications. This includes processor emulators, simulation of spacecraft systems and spacecraft dynamics.
- Tasks within design, test and validation of on-boards software.
- Task within customization of real-time operating systems for space applications.
- Tasks within maintenance and expert support within the software development tool-set.
- Tasks within system evaluation, testing and performance characterization of telecommunication systems as networking via satellite or network management.
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for the Section’s technology programme.
- A Master's degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering,
Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a
- Software engineering and object-oriented programming
- Space systems and Space Systems engineering
- Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others
- Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN)
- Software Engineering tools
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C
The key person shall be able to work in team. Because of the operational nature of the work, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required.
Experience with embedded real-time software development will be an advantage.
LOCATION: Noordwijk, Netherlands
CLOSING DATE: 8th November 2019
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies. MOLTEK is now part of the CS Systems Group
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to: http://www.moltek.com or http://c-ssystems.de