Moltek Ltd. is a subsidiary of CS Group SA (SX:FPEN Paris.) and provides expert manpower to various directorates of the ESA.
€- Industry leading base salary, full healthcare, 3% pension contribution, 30 days’ vacation, annual training budget, ESTEC social club membership, relocation and bonus.
Permanent Dutch contract
You will be based on our client’s site at the European Space Agency’s ESTEC location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. In this large European agency, you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities with the opportunity to gain exposure to various projects and missions at the heart of European space research and development.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- AOCS architecture
- AOCS Design and Tuning
- AOCS Validation and Verification
- AOCS HW procurement
- AOCS Support to Spacecraft Operations
General tasks to be performed:
- Definition and implementation of AOCS (Attitude and Orbit Control Systems) for Earth Observation, Telecom, Navigation satellites and for Astronomy Observatories. The functional support provided to these projects (e.g. Sentinel, Earth Care, MTG, Alphasat, Small GEO, Galileo, GAIA, Solar Orbiter, …) includes
- Participation to project reviews (SRR, PDR CDR, …).
- AOCS design, analyses and simulations (control loops design and modelling, FDIR, independent simulator set-up, functional verification and performance budgets).
- Review of AOCS SW implementation.
- Sensors and actuators selection and procurement support.
- AIV/AIT support (test benches, review of test plans and test results).
- Operations support (review of Operations Manual, rehearsal and LEOP).
- Support to in-orbit analysis.
- Conception, initialisation and supervision of corresponding enabling AOCS technology R/D: High Accuracy Pointing, Generic AOCS Architecture & Building Blocks, Innovative AOCS & FDIR Solutions including prototyping and tools development.
- Sensors and inertial actuators technology development: APS, Star Trackers, sun sensors, Earth sensors, magnetometers, gyros, accelerometers, magneto-torquers, reaction wheels, CMG’s.
- Development and utilisation of the Control Hardware Laboratory (e.g. sensor characterisation and testing).
- Maintenance, development and set-up of AOCS simulation tools.
- Participation to the elaboration and promotion of ECSS standards in the E60 domain.
Education & Experience
- Master degree in Control and Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in AOCS engineering in European industry or institutional entity.
- Background experience in AOCS Design, Validation and Testing as well as AOCS HW procurement.
- Exposure to full cycle of AOCS development from Phase A to Phase E is an asset.
- Proven experience in the HW knowledge (sensors, computer, actuators).
- AOCS AIT at subsystem and system level.
- Proven knowledge of commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB).
- Ability to interface with industry.
The recruitment process will consist of an initial telephone discussion and/or a video call followed by presentation of your candidature to ESA. If selected for interview, a face to face on-site technical assessment will be conducted by ESA with the result being either a go or no go. If successful the starting date should be within 2 months off acceptance.
Deadline for applications – 20th May 2020