You will be based on our client’s site at the European Space Agency’s ESTEC location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. In this large European agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities with the opportunity to gain exposure to various projects and missions at the heart of European space research and development.
Deadline to apply: 19th September 2020
How to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will support ESA/ESTEC for the development and improvement of environmental test facilities used for Space programme. Your main tasks & responsabilities (list not exhaustive) will be:
- Improving the existing environmental test facilities and methods
- Developing and implementing new test facilities and test methods to support the evolution of space test requirements.
- Supervising and supporting maintenance, calibration, repair and operation activities on environmental test facilities.
- Support the Customers of the Test Centre
- Participate in formal project reviews and tender evaluation boards, usually in the AIV panel.
- Educational background in aerospace or mechanical engineering;
- Experience with design, operation and maintenance of environmental test facilities used for space hardware (shakers, thermal vacuum facilities);
- Hands-on experience for trouble-shooting of complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Fluent business English.
The recruitment process will consist of an initial telephone discussion and/or a video call followed by presentation of your candidature to ESA. If selected for interview, a face to face on-site technical assessment will be conducted by ESA with the result being either a go or no go. If successful the starting date should be within 2 months off acceptance.