You will be based on our client’s site at the European Space Agency’s ESTEC location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. In this large European agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities with the opportunity to gain exposure to various projects and missions at the heart of European space research and development.
Deadline to apply: As soon as possible
How to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tasks & Responsibilities
The holder of this post will deal with Project Control activities in the Earth Observation Business Unit Controlling Office in support to one or several mission(s) in the Earth Observation Projects Department. As such, (s)he will be assigned to and directly support the relevant project manager and will liaise closely with related services inside and outside the Directorate.
The post holder will report hierarchically to the Head of the relevant Project Control and Management Support Office and functionally to the relevant project manager(s).
Typical Project Control duties will include:
*** Preparing, maintaining and reporting on the overall programmatic aspects (cost, finance, schedule, industrial return, risk, forward looking estimates and progress control as well as general project administration) of the project/missions, utilizing established procedures and financial/information systems;
This relates to:
– Cost At Completion (covering financial aspects of space segment, payload, launch, ground segment, LEOP and Agency manpower and provided services);
– Cost Plans & budget preparation covering industrial and operating including workforce related costs;
– Financial status of industrial contracts including payment plans and internal costs, including overheads, for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
– Industrial geographical return monitoring and forecast;
For the above, active monitoring is expected, identifying and reporting trends, deviations to plans, potential problem areas and proposing remedial actions in coordination with the project manager(s);
*** Supporting Project Manager(s) in preparing, administrating and monitoring of Project procurement actions (Contracts, Purchase Orders, etc…);
*** Supporting Project Manager(s) in Contract/Change negotiations and Change Control/Review Boards; contributing to the preparation of contract change documents;
*** Maintaining historical project databases and Project Plan Annexes;
*** Interfacing with Industry counter-part on all financial and administrative matters of industrial contract(s) to ensure their compliance with established formal requirements;
*** Supporting the Head of Office in executing the office’s duties, including participation in the definition and improvement of the project control procedures, computerized information and controlling systems;
*** Support EOP Asset Manager in the accounting of ESA assets;
*** Assist in the preparation of project(s) audits.
– Requirements Minimum 4 years of experience in the Administration and Control of large projects, preferably in engineering driven organization.
– Experience in the use of planning and project control tools, and in budget and accounting software and databases.
– Candidates are expected to be result oriented and have to demonstrate excellent planning and organization skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment. They must possess good judgment, integrity and good communications skills.
– Working language is English.
– Good knowledge of Excel is expected.
– Experience with ESA systems (e.g. esa-p) is an asset.
The recruitment process will consist of an initial telephone discussion and/or a video call followed by presentation of your candidature to ESA. If selected for interview, a face to face on-site technical assessment will be conducted by ESA with the result being either a go or no go. If successful the starting date should be within 2 months off acceptance.