Our subsidiary CS GmbH, located in Darmstadt, is looking for a Software Engineer. The key person will be assigned to our backoffice integrated in the maintenance and the development of several space systems for our customers. On-demand, the activity may be performed on-site at our customer premises at Darmstadt. The key person will integrate a team of software engineers under the direction of the project manager in CS GmbH.
This activity includes, among others, the following tasks:
- Contribution to Model Based Systems Engineering
- Contribution to Cyber Security activities
- Support to R&D initiatives
- Software development and maintenance of space data systems and infrastructure setup
- Support to technical meetings with customers
- Contribution to test and validation activities
Any knowledge and experience in software development or maintenance in the ESA space environment would be an important asset.
- The Key person shall have M.Sc. in Computer Science Engineer, Telecommunications Engineer or equivalent.
- At least 3 year experience as software developer
- Good knowledge in MBSE
- Good knowledge in Cyber Security
- Good knowledge in Artificial Intelligence
- Good knowledge in CI/CD, orchestration and DevOps tools
- Good knowledge in VMWare, GitLab/Gerrit and other development environment tools
- Good knowledge in the use and operation of Docker and container orchestration technologies (e.g. Swarm and Kubernetes)
- Good knowledge of ESOC operational environment
- Good knowledge of Spacecraft especially in simulation
- Knowledge of ESOC infrastructure (e.g. Scos-2000, SIMSAT, SIMULUS)
- Knowledge of Standards (Engineering and Quality)
- Knowledge in Unix/Linux/windows environments
- Knowledge in configuration management such as SVN / GIT
- Very good communication skills
- Proficiency in English language
- High level of flexibility
- Good organisation
- Ability to work autonomously in a challenging environment.
Deadline to apply: 18th January 2021
Expected starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org