Our subsidiary CS GmbH, located in Darmstadt, is looking for a Software Engineer. The key person will be assigned to our backoffice integrated in the maintenance and the development of several space systems for our customers. On-demand, the activity may be performed on-site at our customer premises at Darmstadt. The key person will integrate a team of software engineers under the direction of the project manager in CS GmbH.
Two positions are currently available: one focused on MCS (i.e. S2K, EGS-CC, EGOS-CC) and one other in Simulation (SIMSAT, SIMULUS)
This activity includes, among others, the following tasks:
- Support simulation activities for ESA space missions based on SIMSAT (e.g. HERA, MTG and GAL CSIM projects)
- Support mission control systems for various ESA missions based on S2K (e.g. Aeolus MCS, BIOMASS MCS, FLEX MCS…)
- Migration of EO missions to EGOS-CC and preparation of future EO EGOS-CC missions
- Software development and maintenance of space data systems
- Support to technical meetings with customers
- Intensive test and validation activities
Any knowledge and experience in software development or maintenance in the space environment would be an important asset.
Additionally, an experience in project and team coordination will be necessary to lead some activities in collaboration with our customer and/or 3rd party entities.
- The Key person shall have M.Sc. in Computer Science Engineer, Telecommunications Engineer or equivalent.
- At least 3 year experience as software developer
- Good knowledge of ESOC infrastructure (e.g. Scos-2000, SIMSAT, SIMULUS)
- Good knowledge of ESOC operational environment
- Good knowledge of Spacecraft especially in simulation
- Good knowledge in CI/CD, orchestration and DevOps tools
- Knowledge of Standards (Engineering and Quality)
- Knowledge in Unix/Linux/windows environments
- Knowledge in configuration management such as SVN / GIT
- Proficiency in English language
- High level of flexibility
- Good organisation and good communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a challenging environment.
Deadline to apply: 20th January 2021
Expected starting date: Between April and May 2021
How to apply: email@example.com