We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a System Operations Engineer
You will be based at our client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany where you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
The selected key person will join our System Operations team who contribute on a daily basis to the development and operation of the Copernicus Sentinel Missions (S-3 and S-6 preparation). This include the following activities:
- System operations in a real-time operations environment;
- End-to-end operations monitoring;
- Communications systems operations;
- Security operations;
- Infrastructure operations and evolution;
- Business Continuity;
- Multi-mission operations, including mass storage and archiving;
- System Evolutions for existing and new program;
- Manual and Automated system and satellite operations (including planning and scheduling).
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline;
- Experience of System Operations in a real-time spacecraft operations environment;
- Experience defining and implementing the verification and validation of ground segment systems;
- Experience defining, development, integration, acceptance testing and operation of mission data systems;
Additional skills (considering as an added value):
- Earth Observation ground segments;
- Project and technical management / coordination.
- Experience of communications systems operations;
- Experience of operations security;
- Experience in business continuity techniques and associated system operations;
- Experience in the operations preparation and routine operations of Geostationary (‘GEO’) and Low Earth Orbit (‘LEO’) satellite systems;
The key person will perform the following routine operations tasks:
- Definition and maintenance of system operations procedures, including System and ground segment procedures and operations guides;
- Liaison with the spacecraft operations team to ensure the continuity and optimisation of spacecraft monitoring and control activities;
- Liaison and coordination with the ground segment facility operations teams and system operations analysts to ensure the continuity and optimisation of ground segment and mission operations (through procedure and operations guide updates, configuration changes, database or user interface changes etc.);
- Interface and coordination with the systems maintenance teams and industry representatives to ensure optimised performance, including participating in the definition and implementation of any changes;
- Provision of operational ground segment analyses;
- Provision of stand-by/on-call services, on an “as needed” basis. This will be coordinated through the normal on-call process;
- Provision of services to critical operations, as required,;
- Processing and coordination of system anomalies, their documentation, investigation, classification and resolution/mitigation, including participation in Anomaly Review Boards;
- Participation in technical meetings, formal reviews, and scheduling and planning meetings;
- Processing and coordination of system modifications, including their documentation, approval, and implementation, including participation in Change Review Boards;
- Participation in, the functional verification and operational validation of system upgrades and evolutions, both standalone and in the context of an overall ground segment.
- Provision of training, through written materials, practical demonstrations and presentations, to other members of the Operations Teams;
While the official languages are English and French, the working language for the position is English and therefore the Key Person must be able to work effectively in this language.
LOCATION: Darmstadt, Germany
CLOSING DATE: As soon as possible
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.